Curt wrote:  "Do you know if there was much difference in the 2.8 installed in
cars and that installed in the s trucks? I had an S15 Jimmy with the 2.8 and
while it was pretty gutless I drove that truck to 150,000 miles which was an
unheard of amount in our family at the time... The tinworm finally got that
one, the engine was fine."

It depends on the model year.  The 2.8 was around for a long time.  The later
2.8 in the trucks was slightly different. They were gutless in the trucks, but
your experience was common.  They were quite reliable.

Donald H. Snook