Agreed.

We had an 84 TE, an 85 TD, 88 TE and the 87 TD. They are wonderful. I would love to have SLS in the 300SDLs. Maybe I should salvage all the SLS parts from the TD and figure out a way to put them on the SDL. I had to put almost everything to do with the SLS new on the 88TE. The ride is worth it.

I hope some year that the powers at MBNA will deem us worthy to have a Diesel wagon again SOME YEAR!!! It has been 23 years! Anyone at MBNA listening????

ok, I didn't think so.

At 06:45 PM 10/8/2009, you wrote:
Have you ever actually driven an SLS equipped MB wagon? I had an '81, the car was basically a disaster but in those few cases where everything was working right it was one of the nicest cars I've ever driven. Didn't matter the weight in the car, the back end would figure it out. It never wallowed or had excessive roll and its the only car I've ever driven that I felt I could drive over a railroad crossing at whatever damn speed I wanted, very responsive... I've considered many times that were I to go cross country an MB wagon would be the vehicle to take...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:25:49 -0700
From: Tyler <casi...@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Great car but it needs a motor
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Assuming you have the proper spring rate (not just sedan springs), and
bilstein HD shocks that are valved properly for a wagon- Surely it
would handle at least as good as a brand new self leveling system- and
better if you made it a little stiffer (which would also eliminate the
need for the leveling feature). I personally think the SLS is mostly a
marketing gimmick- especially on a car that isn't designed for heavy
duty towing. I guess it lets them get by with softer springs than they
otherwise would need to prevent sag when loaded, which makes the ride
softer- but certainly doesn't improve handling over a set of stiff
regular springs.

Sincerely,
Tyler
1987 190D Turbo Biodiesel