E M wrote:
Should have told them it was a bonus slice, and it was subjected to some
very stringent in house quality control, before it was considered good
enough to release to them.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was two separate incidents.

There was one where a guy grabbed a napkin and a slice of crew pie on his way out the door (assuming, probably rightly so, that the crew pie would be gone when he got back) and the customer saw him eating pizza in his car when he drove up and assumed it was theirs.

The other time the guy had bought a pizza for supper, kept it in the hot box in his car, and a few hours later delivered 1 1/4 pizzas to somebody who only ordered one pizza. They were the ones who called to complain about getting a partial slice with teeth marks.

Mitch.