This thing I bought http://www.harborfreight.com/a-c-manifold-gauge-set-92649.html says it is only good for R134 though the hoses say R12/22/134. The fittings are probably for 134, I have some adapters somewhere I think. is there some reason the gauges would not work with R12 (or Freeze 12 or a "test refrigerant"?)? To me a gauge just measures pressure, should not really care what kind of fluid it is, within reason. I seem to recall the former versions they sold said they worked on all. HMMMM....

--R