Those fitting are supposed to be either acme threaded (1/2"?) or 14mm, IIRC.

They definitely should not be standard flare...

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net

On Jun 10, 2010, at 17:19, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

John Reames wrote:
Only that the EPA requires each different refrigerant to have it's own incompatible type of fitting. (at least in automotive applications...)

On my HF R134 gauges, the hoses have threaded fittings that screw onto the r134 couplers. I never thought about the possibility that the hose fittings might be R12 fittings. I should try to screw one of my Snap-On gauge sets onto the HF R134a couplers.

Mitch.