the whole point of these machines is if its low, you dont know how much is in there so you recover the refrigerant, program how much its supposed to have and it does the rest. I suppose its possible the machine put in more than it said. If it came down to it I could start it at say 3lbs, then put in a little more at a time.

Mitch Haley wrote:
Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
I checked online and found Napa has charging capacities for most cars. It shows 4lbs on my suburban. Right now I am pulling a vacuum for an hour, and will charge with 4lbs and see what happens.

Why not aim low and work your way up to it?
Maybe you're not getting it all out, or maybe the machine is putting more in than you think. It sure sounds like you were more than 6% overcharged this morning.

Mitch.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com