"Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net> writes:

> That is great news, I hope it holds true.  I have a whole bunch of
> 116's sitting around that I am thinking about sending to the crusher
> as nobody wants 116 parts.  Right now it seems like the 123 and early
> 126 cars are the cheap beater cars (in that phase right now).  It
> would be great to get them to collector status.

An acquaintance of mine is wanting to sell me his W116 300SD.  It
frankly sounds like a basket case.  He says it has no rust, but "needs a
new crankshaft (?!) and the AC doesn't work, and the heater blower
doesn't work, and the vacuum system is leaking (has to use the stop
lever to shut it off).  In that condition, with a straight face, he said
he was asking $4000.

Allan
--
1983 300D