Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:36:57 -0500
From: "Bill Ringgold" <billr32...@comcast.net>
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] OT - A computer problem I can't figure out

>From a longtime lurker  -  I am spending a lot of time doing research and
writing these days, and I am having a computer problem that I do not
understand and hopefully one of you can offer some insight.

I have an old Dell desktop computer [it was free], Pentium 4 CPU, 2.8Ghz,
2.49 GB of Ram, running a legal XP Professional with Service Pack 3.  Paging
file is 4,000 MB.

Things go pretty well until I am using my Dragon Naturally Speaking, version
10 [Gerry inspired me] to edit and add text to my manuscript [180 pages, MS
Word 2007].  It usually is fast and pretty accurate until I stop for a
moment to do something else, and then it frequently starts to  have long
pauses, most of the time followed by a message that it is recovering from
low system resources.  It will freeze up for a minute and then type what I
have said.  If I have gotten impatient and moved using the keyboard it will
type what I said a minor two ago where ever I am the.  I am well above the
minimum resources for the program, and often just close it out in
frustration and go back to my typing - but I do find the dictation easier
until is screws up.

I cannot figure out why the stalling and low system resources warning, and
am assuming I have some setting that is off, but not evident to me.

Anyone with ideas [presented for a moderate computer user level] to share
would be greatly appreciated.

Bill R