So when are you going to buy a welder?

-Max

________________________________
From: Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tue, February 22, 2011 1:01:24 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - A computer problem I can't figure out

The bracket is not up to the task, at least the ones I have replaced on
the SD.  The most recent one I got from our esteemed lister/supplier was
cheap chinee crap but can probably be fixed with some stout metal.  I
think the problem is sort of a design issue along with a marginal part
(per the design)  The air cleaner is pretty heavy and sits cantilevered
out quite a ways on the bracket, and the engine, and hence AC shakes
quite a bit, and that bending moment/flexing with that weight hanging
out there just destroys a poorly-designed/manufactured part and general
arrangement.

--R