I have Java 6, latest version, still EPC doesn't load or open.  It does give
me a courteous message stating it won't open however.. how kind.

Anyone remember the good old days when you actually had a hard copy book
that you could look at?   Ahhhhhh, the good old days.  Funny thing... that
book never "crashed" and I could carry it to the car and lay it on the
fender while sorting out what went to what, even if the electricity went
out.