> G Mann wrote:

> Points well made and taken Philip.  Having said that, when the
> chips are down, I'll open the case in the trunk, take out the
> hard copy Maint. manual and the Illustrated Parts Manual
> [even if it's out of date] and fix the problem at the side of
> the road or know why I can't.

Oh, I don't think the paper manual is bad - just that I am now
unhappy with both paper and electronic!  Historically I have
preferred paper manuals.  But I have come to really like the
advantages of the PDFs.  *sigh*  I don't like PDFs, I don't like
paper.

> Copy??... try this, Buy a hard copy, remove the spine so it
> becomes loose leaf, punch the pages for a 5 hole binder and
> then remove the desired pages, make copies, replace the
> originals in the binder,

Hehe.  And how will you make that copy without the help of
electronics?

Electronically, I have a _complete_ copy on CD to use in other
computers, a copy on the laptop, a copy on the desktop, and I
can email you a page with my notes on it. :)

> Ok... so I give up.... call up the pages on your laptop after
> you fight MBZ system that doesn't work.... print the pages and
> use them..... we'll call it a "win".

Well, I don't use the silly MB interface.

I wonder if I could make an iPad/iPhone/Android app that would
have the full manual and interface....

--   Philip