Points well made and taken Philip.  Having said that, when the chips are
down, I'll open the case in the trunk, take out the hard copy Maint. manual
and the Illustrated Parts Manual  [even if it's out of date] and fix the
problem at the side of the road or know why I can't.  All the fancy
electronic whiz bang devices are only a single solar flair from failure.
Drop your beloved laptop or IPhone off the back of a truck and then drop the
tattered hard copy manual off the same truck... pick them both up and use
them.  Which one survived?

Copy??... try this, Buy a hard copy, remove the spine so it becomes loose
leaf, punch the pages for a 5 hole binder and then remove the desired pages,
make copies, replace the originals in the binder, take the copies to the car
and do the work.  Grease spots? no prob.. make new copies from the
"master"... IPC pictures to look at while you are removing the problem
assembly?  No problem..

You will be amazed at how helpful it is when the assembly picture is in
front of you in hard copy.

Ok... so I give up.... call up the pages on your laptop after you fight MBZ
system that doesn't work.... print the pages and use them..... we'll call it
a "win".