> ..Get a bigger hammer Roger and tell us what magic you used on the near
> new C class to impress people. The problem I see is that if it is anything
> like last year, there will be people parking their precious things near
> trees. The horror, imagine if a bird flew over a shiny car and............no
> can't say it, just the thought of it drives me to declare that any future
> car shows must be conducted indoors. You're best off not to post pictures of
> the show, we would be horrified to see MB cars outdoors.....
>
> What puzzles me is why these pictures make you so angry. Do they make you
> feel guilty because of the state of your vehicle? Although because of the
> poor quality of your posted photos, I couldn't be sure. Face it, a lot of
> people like to maintain their capital equipment which also can be a hobby.
> Now that I think about it, I doubt any of these machines are smoked in.

This event is not a Concours but a social event with some minor awards. For
example, there is a People's Choice award where all car owners and
spectators vote by ballot on the car they liked best. At the 2009 show, the
President told me later that my car was one vote short of winning that award (I
never vote) which surprised me since it's always a Gullwing or similar that is
chosen. It must be the color and the lack of dirt.

I intend to post pictures of the 2011 show in two weeks but I'll forewarn
you since I would hate to bring on one of your spells.

RLE