It has been my recent experience that KitchenAid is making an attempt to appeal
to the high end crowd with their appliances.

When we were out shopping, their stuff seemed to be really pricey without
offering anything significantly different than lower priced but good quality
competitors.

I do like their mixers, however. Best small kitchen appliance I ever bought.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone