My current KA mixer is the smaller of the two household models with the "screw"
type of bowl, never had a problem with it.

I believe it is approaching 15 years in age, and up until our move, was in use
almost daily. Only issues I have had with it are the pivot pin likes to work
it's way out of the bore during exceptionally heavy tasks, like kneading bread
dough, and having to do a little triage to the "on/off" switch after my oldest
son knocked it over on the pantry shelf, which bent the lever an made it start
whenever it was powered up.

We also have the grinder/mill attachment, which needs to be replaced as the
body is cracking with age.

I want to buy the larger model with the bowls that use pins. I only regret that
I won't be able to use the bowls from the smaller model.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone