I have both, and I have had problems with neither. The K45 I have with the twister is a hobart made mixer. The K5 is a early whirlypoo model.

Neither are really big enough for serious breadmaking.

I have a 20 qt hobart that does pretty well for small batches of bread. (Of course that is another order of magnitude of price.)

I'd really like a 140 qt hobart if I had space and 3 phase power (and a use for that much dough). It will easily mix as little as 5 lb of bread dough. It will also make over 100 lb of dough.

Actually an M802 is kind of a happy medium.

I have one where the bowl has a screw/twist mount on the bottom. That tended to pull out when mixing dough, so I beefed up the threads on the bowl by brazing on some additional metal. That fixed it, but if I were to get another I'd get the one where the bowl hangs on pins on either side, that looks a lot stronger to me.

Allan