Well, you may remember me saying that I had a S/h AU$150 Bosch DW to look at last weekend, I arranged to look at/buy the machine at 2pm, turn up just after 2 and the so and so seller informed me that he had sold it to someone else half an hour before. So using all of my powers of self control (and you know that I don't have a lot of those) I left without making a scene. So I am thinking of what to do, the local discount electrical store has a new Bosch for AU$800 plus a fathers day special promo of a socket set. Well you know me, love my tools but 800 is a lot of cash for a DW. Anyway I go back onto gumtree (Oz version of craiglist) and have a look, 22 hour old listing for an older Miele G664 (G stands for geschirrspuelmaschine) for AU$100, hmmnh worth a phone call as it is not far from my place, yup machine is still available, come over tonight to look/buy. So I go and grab it, looks in good shape, has the kickboard for bottom and a couple of side plates. Installed it the next day, gave it a run and it works really well, the missus reckons better than the old whirlpoo. It's not the most efficient machine according to the instruction manual which is available online http://www.miele.com.au/au/domestic/service/aftersales_operatinginstructions.aspx but it does a good job and looks good.

Hendrik
who has a Miele W, T and now G machine, which reminds me I have to give the W a clean