We have a KSM5 that I bought for my wife at least 25 years ago. It has made
at least one three loaf batch of bread dough every week since then, with the
exception of vacations away from home. I had to buy a replacement beater
once at the plastic coating was breaking off. We did buy a second bowl for
convenience when the mixer gets a lot of use in one day - like Thanksgiving
and Christmas times. Also - keep one bowl in the freezer for whipping cream.

I keep threatening to take it apart for lubrication and to check the
brushes, but it keeps on working, and I haven't gotten around to fixing what
hasn't broken yet ----

--
OK Don
2001 ML320