Peter Hertzing wrote:

Any reason the light only comes on for a few seconds?
Otherwise starts nice and smooth.

The short light cycle is supposed to tell you that the current drain to the plugs is not balanced. If all the plugs are new, then either one is defective, or you have a loose connection somewhere between the relay and one of the plugs, or the relay isn't quite right anymore.

I discovered another reason for the short light on my W116:
When I replaced an old mini dual terminal battery that seemed to be starting the car OK with a new group 49 full size battery, the glow indicator lamp resumed its proper function.