It takes three things to make "far in the hole" Heat (Compression) Fuel, and oxygen. A miss can be scored cyl or broken piston (Rare), A bad IP (rare) or a bad nozzle (common), or lack of oxygen (rare, but a rag left in the intake could do it if it didn't get drawn into the cylinder)

I'd play the odds, and go with a supply of filters and a spare injector assy.

having done the "oops, I got an eBay care" deal, I would advise trailer home. If you are pretty sure it is a small issue, have an indy (find a local lister to assist) go over it to make it safe to drive home. Fresh fluids and filters all around before you drive.

Issue is not a glow plug if you only have 4 working pistons. Injector problem if you have miss past the first few minutes. Once it warms up you will get fire on all five. E300D had bad #6 glow and you would have rough start, then a few blocks later it was full power again.

clay

1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and ran
1995 E300D - Cleo - Used by the Queen of Denial
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers