What I wanted to hear last night was "Look, oil is expensive but
natural gas is plentiful and the price is really now and projected to
stay that way.  Let's take steps (as T Boone Pickens suggests) to
massivlely convert trucks from diesel to the use of natural gas."
Maybe we could do something similar for passenger vehicles.  A little
goose from the gov'r. and then the private markets will do the rest.