I am fond of Pioneer from the 70s. Maybe it is not the uber expensive stuff, but good, and not overpriced.

If anyone finds a decent Pioneer 6 or 7 series receiver/amp for cheap, I would like to have another. I am talking 626 to 747 mainly, but anything that is in the format 6x6 or 7x7 is what I'd like. (where x is an integer)

Hey Guys,

Off topic, but I know some of you guys are into this stuff.  I'm getting
back into vinyl over CDs, and MP3.  I miss the quality and warmth of old
records.  Anyway, I have an old mid 80s Sony receiver, and a Sony turn
table, that is a front loader (slides out like a CD player).  It's direct
drive, but the bed will now not slide out.  Not sure if it's just the
switch (Sony switch always felt fragile to me), or something more
mechanical.

Anyway, I was wonder if anyone had any suggestions for a good quality used
turn table?  I know Macintosh make good amps, but not really in the market
for an amp at the moment.  Just looking for a good quality turn table, that
will work with my Sony receiver.  Something of good quality that was made
before everything was outsourced to China and Mexico.

Thanks in advance.

Ed
300E