Dieselhead wrote:
From no responses, I gather nobody else has had a turbo failure. Is that right?

Is it correct that any oil in the compressor is conclusive evidence of seal failure?

...or a plugged drain line. If you plug the drain and feed it oil under pressure, the oil will get into the turbine/compressor housings.

I'm pretty sure they don't have contact seals on the shaft, but if the bearings wore out and had radial slop the labyrinth "seals" would get chewed too and might let oil into the compressor section.