On Apr 6, 2012, at 8:01 PM, "Dan Penoff" <lwb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can't imagine that with all the supporting documentation they would impound
> the vehicle.
>
> Are you maybe being a little paranoid?

Paranoid no. Cautious yes. I picked my car up in Salisbury MD and I was pulled
over by the MSP in Cambridge MD. The young LT. That pulled me over had to run
to another call, and another more senior, but lesser ranking officer was left
to tend to my Benz and me. He was in his fifties like me and he was very
empathetic with my predicament. He had to have the car towed and he wrote me
the least ticket he could possibly write. He personally called the owner of the
owner of the towing company, a Mr. Jeff Hurley, and told him the I was a good
man with a bad predicament and to help me in any way he could. Mr. Hurley
informed me that it was a good thing that I didn't get stopped with fictitious
plates, because the car would've been impounded and I would've went to the
pokey. Jeff looked online for shippers and within a few minutes I had 5 bids to
ship the car, all of which I might add were cheaper than any quote I had
received from Uship dot com earlier in January. He would not tell me the site
he used, but seeing as he owns a body shop and a multi million dollar recovery
and towing company, I suspect he has considerably better access than I as a
consumer do to better shippers.

As I said earlier, I should've pulled the plate from my 300d, and stuck that
on. I wasn't doing anything wrong other than  no plate, so I wouldn't have been
pulled over.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone