My father had some 30% H2O2 in his dental office. I don't remember what he
used it for, but I did experiment with it and potasium permangate with the
idea of powering a rocket with it. I did find out that 30% would leave
white areas on my fingers where I touched it - rather like reagent grade
hydrochloric acid does. I also figured out that 30% was too weak to power a
rocket - must be why the Germans used 99% ---

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Haven't we been told through the years that many microbes and germs
>> die when exposed to air?  It would seem plausible that the excess
>> oxygen in hydrogen peroxide (h2o2 versus h2o for water) should provide
>> good air clean against germs and microbes.
>>
>> Another alternative is to use lavender oil that is easy to find at the
>> local health food store.  It has a decent odor and lavender is in
>> common use in hospitals in Europe as disinfectant from what I have
>> been told.
>>
>> For years, we have been wanting to find food grade 30% hydrogen
>> peroxide to ingest in small quantity to ward off disease and illness.
>> It is essentially unobtanium - ya gotta be a research facility with
>> proper chain of custody, etc.
>> mao
>>

> Well, if the goal is to sterilize your innards, I believe that there is an
> agent readily available that will do that.  While H2O2 has some germicidal
> properties, this agent is known to be an effective germicide.
>
> prices for this agent vary as does the concentration, similar to the H2O2.
>  Low concentrations go for around $10-15 per gallon.  High concentrations
> go for as much as $150, but high concentration in industrial grades have
> been known to sell for as little as $2 to 4 per gallon, but is is required
> to be mixed with petrochemicals before being sold at these prices.
>
> It is available in many places in most towns across the country.
>
> So  this agent may be preferable to H2O2 for ingestion, since it does not
> kill living tissue it comes in contact with.  However large concentrations
> in the body may be lethal.  Normal dosage has minimal side effects.  High
> level dosage may cause side effects like depression, euphoria, loss of
> balance, disorientation and more.  In spite of the possible side effects, I
> believe is is more effective, and less dangerous than the H2O2.

OK Don
2001 ML320
1992 300D 2.5T
1990 300D 2.5T