Haven't we been told through the years that many microbes and germs
die when exposed to air?  It would seem plausible that the excess
oxygen in hydrogen peroxide (h2o2 versus h2o for water) should provide
good air clean against germs and microbes.

Another alternative is to use lavender oil that is easy to find at the
local health food store.  It has a decent odor and lavender is in
common use in hospitals in Europe as disinfectant from what I have
been told.

For years, we have been wanting to find food grade 30% hydrogen
peroxide to ingest in small quantity to ward off disease and illness.
It is essentially unobtanium - ya gotta be a research facility with
proper chain of custody, etc.
mao

Well, if the goal is to sterilize your innards, I believe that there is an agent readily available that will do that. While H2O2 has some germicidal properties, this agent is known to be an effective germicide.

prices for this agent vary as does the concentration, similar to the H2O2. Low concentrations go for around $10-15 per gallon. High concentrations go for as much as $150, but high concentration in industrial grades have been known to sell for as little as $2 to 4 per gallon, but is is required to be mixed with petrochemicals before being sold at these prices.

It is available in many places in most towns across the country.

So this agent may be preferable to H2O2 for ingestion, since it does not kill living tissue it comes in contact with. However large concentrations in the body may be lethal. Normal dosage has minimal side effects. High level dosage may cause side effects like depression, euphoria, loss of balance, disorientation and more. In spite of the possible side effects, I believe is is more effective, and less dangerous than the H2O2.