Has the pushbutton unit been resoldered or is that not a problem on the '85s? The mechanical pushbutton switches malfunctioned on my '83 and caused the unit to burn up. The used unit I bought had to be resoldered, so while it was apart I squirted some Deoxit on the switch contacts and lubricated the mechanical parts with oil (I forget which; synthetic or 3 in 1.)
So far it's coninued to work satisfactorily.
Gerry

From: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
hmm, would a bad switch cause the klima to cause the compressor to cycle?

--R

On 8/13/12 2:17 PM, Fmiser wrote:
Rich Thomas wrote:
Check the low pressure switch, not sure where it is on your
car but on my old wagon it is lower left (looking from the
front) in front of the engine/wheel/next to radiator, sort
of.  That switch (among others too I guess) controls the
clutch on the compressor.
Not on an '85.  The KLIMA is in charge.  The pressure switch is
simply a data input for the KLIMA.

--   Philip

-----
No virus found in this message.