My wife bought a new Manta in 1974 - just weeks before I met her. We drove
it until it rusted out enough that I decared it unsafe to drive in 1998
with almost 200k miles. It was a good car, but I maintained it after the
initial few stealer checkups in it's infancy. I did note the simularity to
Mercedes engineering - front sub-frame, etc.
I hated working on the Opel GTs that were brought into the shop I worked in
during college. So did everyone else, so I was stuck with them. The hood
was too small - worse than the Saab Sonett II and III.
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> I had a mechanically challenged friend in high school who had a Manta.  It
> spent a lot of time at my house being worked on.  It was a fun car to drive
> when it was running, however.
>

> --

OK Don
2001 ML320