My cousin had one of those things back when, it was like his first "new" car after a Valiant with push-button shifter for the auto box. He thrashed the *** out of the thing. He really wanted the Opel GT but could only afford the Kadett but he would slam powershifts on it. I remember riding with him in it when I was fairly young, he was not a lot older but had his license and some menial job. He probably tore it up before getting another car, which I think was an SS396, he went through a coupla those too.

He now weighs about 350lb and rides a Harley. Go figure. As does his most recent wife (I think this might be #4), though she is probably only about 200lb.

--R