I was thinking Bahston, and I was afraid of such on the living costs.

He's academically well-qualified for most anywhere, and is casting a wide net; it'll be interesting to see what sort of "offers/opportunities" develop. Overall, his best education vs cost is probably where he is - Chapel Hill (UNC-CH). He's already fairly well assured of a "slot" there.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anybody there?

I'm in Winchendon which is just a bit east of where MA, NH and VT all meet.

Yes I'm near Harvard in fact I drive past Harvard when I commute, unfortunately Harvard is NOT home to the university.
Harvard is in Cambridge which is basically Bahston.
Rents in Cambridge will be astronomical compared to here, last I knew it was $1500-$2000 for a 1 bedroom apartment someplace you might actually want to live where the rats and roaches actually hide if you turn on the lights. Compare that to my $1400 mortgage on a house out in the hinterlands and I got screwed by the housing crash of 2006 and I'm at something like 200% LTV.

-Curt