I had a young lady friend who lived a block or so from the Jumboschool, she and a coupla other girls shared a floor of a big house. Spent a fair amount of time there. I looked at an apt for myself about a block from there, across from the practice field, but the girl who was living there told me the landlady (an old Italian lady) liked to snoop around their stuff while they were gone so she did not recommend it. The old lady liked me as I was not a student and offered to lower the rent, but I figured she would be a total PITA so I begged off. I think the rent at the time was like $400 and she offered me $375.

--R