There were Vietnamese guys at MIT who lived in the library, had a bedroll and a few clothes, washed up in the gym, kept their stuff in a corner at a desk/carrel (is that what those things are?) and basically went to class and studied the rest of the time. That was their life, but they were clearly dedicated and lived cheepcheep (food only).

--R