I finally got around to making windows for my basement (been thinking of it for a long time, just never go to it) from 2x4 cut down to 2x2 and a simple single pane of acrylic plastic set in. Made a huge difference, suddenly the basement is not drafty, it's dead quite down there, and it stays at 65F all the time, even when it's 15 outside.

I also put fiberglass insulation around the band board, which had not been done. Very much warmer all of a sudden, wish I'd done this 40 years ago when I first thought of it.

Should reduce the heat bill quite a bit.

I'm also going to get chimney top dampers this year and see if that helps, too.

Peter