How much was the tailwind?  ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:54 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Speeding ticket in a 240D??!!

I got pulled over this afternoon on the Maine Turnpike. Trooper claimed that I was doing 78mph. I don't agree but my speedo doesn't work. When I'm doing 78 mph, I:
1) realize that I'm speeding.
2) am intentionally trying to push my car to its limit.

Neither condition was met. I told the trooper that 78 was pushing the top speed limit of my car and that I didn't believe that was the case. I asked him to show me the radar reading but he rudely insisted that the machine could not lock in the speed. Don't they have to be able to produce evidence such as a radar reading? Is this worth appealing?

Sent from my iPhone