Yeah, the broken speedo is no excuse; may be a little part of the reason, but is no excuse.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Speeding ticket in a 240D??!!

Did you point out the dead bugs on your REAR window?

I think this is worth the court appearance, if he has no evidence the judge will probably dismiss. Get a haircut and be sure to shave, wear clean conservative clothes, be respectful, you'll probably win. Usually even when the cop has evidence, if you show up and can make some reasonable defense, fine will be reduced. I would not mention the broken speedometer at all.

--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC

dsereta...@yahoo.com wrote:

I got pulled over this afternoon on the Maine Turnpike. Trooper claimed
that I was doing 78mph. I don't agree but my speedo doesn't work. When
I'm doing 78 mph, I:
1) realize that I'm speeding.
2) am intentionally trying to push my car to its limit.

Neither condition was met. I told the trooper that 78 was pushing the
top speed limit of my car and that I didn't believe that was the case.
I asked him to show me the radar reading but he rudely insisted that
the machine could not lock in the speed. Don't they have to be able to
produce evidence such as a radar reading? Is this worth appealing?

Sent from my iPhone