Question is, what is the problem, is the car getting hot, they are supposed to be hot. Between 82 and 110 Celsius is operating range, at 110 the aux fan should come on as a last line of defence. At 82 the thermostat opens a bit and coolant really starts to flow. Normal driving should be 82-85 depending on outside temp, in traffic it will creep up but should come down again reasonably quickly. If you are not getting that sort of behaviour there may be a problem and yes a crook viscous coupling can be part of this problem. My view is that Daimler-Benz know a bit about cars and engines (I believe they had something to do with the invention of them but not sure), sure the self proclaimed expert who wrote a book about one Daimler-Benz model probably knows more than Daimler but I'll stick with what the idiot engineers at the factory think. However I would be happy to rewire the aux fan to come on at 90, more so to get extra air flow through the condenser.

Hendrik
who had nothing to do with the invention of the horseless carriage or internal combustion engine