Here is the deal: turn the key to position 2 no glow light. Turn the key to
start position, nothing.....but I can hear one kinda loud click coming from
the fuse bus area.
The ignition switch (mechanical and electrical portions) has been replaced.
New starter, new cables, line from ignition switch to solenoid is good.
Battery readings are SAT.
What should I go after now? It's my manual 1980 240D.

Bob R

I'd unhook the battery, take loose the electric switch off the steering lock and check the wires against a wiring diagram.

Alt:  1.  see if you are getting juice to the starter relay with key on start
        2.  see if you are getting juice to the GP relay from the switch