I have one. Don't know how it might work in your case so I'll just tell you
how I did it.

Same situation, same issues, rusty fuel tank, rototiller on the farm.
Removed the tank, sealed off the outlet with a fitting. Put masonry sand in
the tank [about 1/3 tank full] with dish soap and water [a little soap,
enough water to leave some "slosh space" in the tank.
Tied the tank to the wheel of the tractor and went plowing for a couple
hours.

Untied the tank, dumped the sand, soapy water, and rust out of the tank.
Removed the pipe plug and flushed the tank with clean water and let it
drain dry, then blew it out with compressed air.. Inside of the tank was
shiny fresh.. rust all gone.

Good luck... Tumbler wheel of some sort perhaps?

Grant...