I have a roll of this really sticky gasket stuff that is about an inch wide, maybe 1/8" thick, that is used for sealing flanges on metal roofs. Not sure of the profile of the assembly (flat if it is on the roof?) but that stuff would seal well. If not, go with the goop and see if it works or not.

--R