Mitch Haley wrote:

Not to my thinking, but I've never done it.
If the shift RPM is controlled by a vacuum signal, wouldn't a total loss of vacuum give you upshifts at maximum RPM when you want minimum RPM?

I think your trans gets its throttle signal from a Bowden cable, and the hose they are talking about is probably to the modulator. Vac loss to the modulator would give maximum shift firmness. I don't know if that would give it any more drive in the gears that depend on the failed B2 band, but it would yank your teeth out when it finally catches 3rd gear.

Mitch.