Just wanted to get back to the group about the repair.  I slowly drove it to a
neighborhood Transmission Shop with the repair instructions and parts which
included the B2 piston, springs, filter and transmission fluid.  I used the
shop in the past, the owner was in business for 30 years with a good honest
reputation.  He was familiar with the issue and agreed to do the repair for
labor cost.

At the end of the day I got a phone call that the repair was done.  He said it
was a tricky accessing the repair area along with the piston cover being seized
and needing some work to get it off without breaking.  The old piston fell out
and was in two pieces.

Bottom line he charged 3 hours labor ($285=New York rates) and the parts were
$170.  So for a little over $400 I am back on the road!

I am convinced without the groups help I would have been told the transmission
was shot.

Thanks!

Bob