Mitch,

  The car will not start now but I will try that adjustment....good idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sun, Jan 12, 2014 11:53 am
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1990 MB 300E - Replaced Fuel Distributor - Running
rough...help!

Gary Hurst wrote:
> i'm not sure throwing parts at it is ever the answer, as you are learning
> at great cost and frustration

Having already thrown the parts at it, IIRC turning the 3mm allen head on the
airflow meter counterclockwise leans it out.  Don't leave the allen wrench in
the screw and give the car throttle, as the screw is in the moving arm on the
airflow meter.

Usually the warm-up regulator (do the electronic feedback versions of CIS even
have a warm-up regulator?) fails lean, so while I'd usually look there first,
maybe not on this car.

Mitch.