It is possible for the TC to weld itself together. Have you tried putting it in gear without foot on brake, so it is free to roll when the engine wants to turn the tran input shaft?

Is this the original trans or did you put in a different one?

jack up the rear end an put it in gear without brakes. D and R. Does it go through all the gears as you run the speed up to 70 on the speedo? Does it kill the engine? What happens when you brake the tires to a stop?

But it is not stuck in gear, it is overwhelmed when put in gear. The more I research, the more I suspect the stator is mess up, as it would be making the turbine spin up with more gumption that would overcome the inertial resistance to movement.

clay