Original to the car at the time I got the 300D.  Right now the car is parked on
a slope until I get dry day to pull it out to a flat area and jack up again.

While it was on the stands, I slid the transmission into gear both with brake
on and without.  Reverse did spin up but Drive was less willing to stay
running.  To move the car out of the street I popped it into gear without brake
application so I could get a meter or so movement before it crapped out.  All
gears would engage when in position, but probably it was just Low gear, which
was the only functional position prior to getting bushings installed.

I just replaced large fuel filter (NAPA with HENGST) and will see if that aids
in running.

clay