      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:20 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] the thug in chief

More to the point, in the last 5-10 years it seems like we as a society are
placing far more significance to one's political affiliation as a measure of
social norms.

When I was younger and especially as a child growing up in a very politically
active household, I never experienced the vitriol of the likes that we see
today.

I wonder if it's not due to the various news organizations and talking heads
that get the masses all whipped into a frenzy.  Especially those who cater to
people who might be less educated and more susceptible to parroting ideas that
are not of their own thought process.

It's one thing to have opposing views, but to disrespect another just because
they think differently from you is something that I have a hard time
understanding.

Dan