Credit has to go to Jaime, mostly, as he had me go and inspect a 350SDL back in January. That got me stated. Then I was talking to Curly about it, and he piled on. Before I knew it I was looking to find a nice oneĀŠ.

Dan

Hard to go back once you've had an OM603 turbo, especially in a 126

Now Martha will need to find excuses for more iron butt ( 1000 miles in a day) driving in this new SDL. The chowdahheads could be one reason. Cruisin' the coast could be another reason for a shorter jaunt.

I used to finish a class at 10 pm in Columbia MO at 10 pm, get packed up by 10:30 and then drive 8 hours to get home. Much of it on 2 lane roads. I could not have done it in a lesser car. Still, it was hard to stay awake.

There were a few weeks I finished one class at noon, packed up and drove nearly 300 miles on 2 lane heavily prowled roads (55) to get set up for the class the next day. It is hard to drive an SDL for 6 hours and stay at 55 or less. I did get stopped once, but they guy let me off.

The most fun I had was one night I was headed home, got to the interstate for the last 1/2 hour, and this semi flew around me as I got on. I stepped on it and got behind him and finished the interstate stage at 90. The car loved it. THAT is what a 126 is made for. The truck made a MUCH bigger target for radar, and evidently he had his passport.