Around here, the cost of a service call can easily exceed fifty percent of the
cost of a new appliance.  If I can't fix myself, I buy a new appliance.  If
repair info is difficult or impossible to find, I won't buy that brand.

We bought a Samsung refrigerator about seven or eight years ago, had the
control panel replaced under warranty (which would cost about 1/3 of the
purchase cost if paid out of pocket, once you add labor it's time for a new
refrigerator in my book).  The filtered water function has died, didn't use
that much anyway so that hasn't been addressed, but other than that it has
performed extremely well.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC