The Bosch gets things noticeably cleaner than the Maytag ever did, and that's especially noticeable with glassware.

Do realize that your water could play a part in this, too, so it's not necessarily the dishwasher's fault. We use a rinse agent with the Bosch, which we did with the Maytag as well, but the Maytag didn't give you the ability to adjust the "dose" so it went through the stuff like mad.

Don't buy the top of the line Bosch. I bought a bottom end one for around $600. The only differences I hound were fancier racks and more (useless) functions on the controls. There's no clear benefit in my mind for buying the more expensive models.

Dan

That has been true with DWs for 40-50 years. The working parts are all the same. the fluff is fancier in the expensive one.