That's s'posed to be "warning" - not "warring."  ;<)

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 comps

USAA has served me well, so far, for over 55 years. One example was in '78 in CA. The day before I left for a year's assignment in Greenland, a damned fool driving a VW Bug suddenly turned left as my older son and I were passing him on the left as he crept along at about 25 mph studying the countryside. Son was driving our Dodge van as we approached the VW from rear and gave adequate warring by horn that we were passing 'im on the left. Driver and passenger in the VW were oblivious to traffic around them as they crept along discussing the dessert "real estate" to their right. Just as we were along beside the VW, it suddenly turn left in front of the van's right, front corner, which sheared left front wheel off the VW. VW driver got ticket from CHP.

USAA agent said, "Don't worry about it; have no more communication with other driver; send anything you get from them to me." VW driver sued, SWMBO nor I ever responded directly - just sent everything to USAA agent. USAA got my van fixed and finally got full recovery from other party. Year or so after accident, I got a check from USAA for the deductible I had paid.

For other damages I've claimed over the years, incl. vandalism to my 2 cars about 4 years ago, USAA has sent me checks and I got cars repaired wherever I wanted, or not, or did repairs myself.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>