Thanks, Roger.

I found it a little disconcerting that the places selling the alternative
refrigerants often fail to mention that there’s a “hazmat fee” they tack on to
the total cost of the order. I think it’s a little misleading when they show
the refrigerant for $6.00 a can then the “hazmat fee” is $23.00 for the order
of two cans.  That makes an order for two cans of $6 each go up to $35.00, then
they add shipping!

So it’s not as if the refrigerant has gone up in price, the additional fees
they’re taking on, whether up front on on the end, drive the price up
considerably.

I can buy a case of six cans of R134a for $33.00 shipped to my doorstep.  A
case of 12 of the industrial EnviroCool is $88.00 shipped.  Not a lot more per
can, but I’m not sure I need 12 cans of the stuff.  If I buy two I’ll  spend
nearly $50.

Dan